Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Great White Shark @ Monterey Aquarium

 Every now and then Peter and I (or both of us, hopefully) get a chance to shoot something really different and unusual. When I read that the Monterey Bay Aquarium was caring for a great white shark ((website)), I knew I had to see it. Growing up on the east coast (where the ocean just isn't as inviting) and having seen Jaws at a young and imaginative age, I've always had a dread fascination with sharks.

The shark was tiny - 4'7", only 50 lbs, but WOW! What a presence. Sharks may be nightmarish animals to some, but you have to admire the power and grace of them. This little guy was an amazing creature to see!






It was crowded, but I was also able to spend a bit of time shooting some of their jelly fish. I could have done this for hours.





Enjoy,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment